Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Biggest Loser: Families -- Episode 2

Well I wasn't blogging last week, but I have been watching. This is a recent pick-up for me... and I'm still not too sure how I feel about it. I find myself asking the question "How many people are sitting on their couches right now eating potato chips and getting fat while they're watching this?" For a lazy bum like me, it's like thinking "wow, those people are working out enough for all of us. I feel like I've worked out just watching them." And I'm satisfied. Man... that 44oz slurpee and that whole bag of popcorn that I consumed while watching this show... I'm well on my way to being the biggest gainer/winner! A WINNER! lol...

A quick review of the activities:
1) lots of treadmills and weight lifting. Borefest if you ask me. I don't really like listening to that sort of freakish woman Jillian yelling at everyone. And the dude (Bill?) decided he didn't approve of the decor so he ripped up the yellow tape in the middle of the gym. SUCH DRAMA!

2) Coleen and her dad (yellow) made a wager to earn $10,000 that they could lose 14 lbs between the 2 of them, a 2.4% loss. Now, according to EVERY CAST MEMBER on the show (and their mothers, brothers, cousins, and in-laws), week 2 is historically bad. We'll see how that goes. If they fail that goal, they're automatically below the yellow line.

3) Slip-n-slides! Oh wait...they have to run BACK UP the hill. And the team that lasts the longest gets to call home. The orange team wins and Heba (what?) gets to call her dad. It was so nice of her husband to give up his ten minutes of talking to his dog (again...WHAT?) so that she could have 20 minutes with her pops. They also got to give away a phone call as the winners of the challenge, and they gave it to the red team with the autistic child. Good choice.

This challenge really sucked for Coleen and Tom Jr, who had to participate for their fathers because of health reasons. How are these teams expected to last?

4) Cooking with Rocco DiSpirito. Snoresville. I watched the Mentalist instead during this segment... BUT, the purplies from Michigan won free groceries for a year (or the equivalent of $8,500). Not bad.

5) Weigh-ins: History proves correct, the weight losses are low. Tom Jr. actually GAINED three pounds! That can't be good. Shocker of all shockers, yellow failed their goal by 3 lbs, so it's yellow vs. gray at the end.

6) Elimination: Gray goes home. Most teams looked at these two men as a threat, regardless of the fact that Tom Jr. actually put on 3 lbs. He put it well in his closing statement: "How would you feel if you went on a make-over show and they made you look ugly?" He was not a happy camper.

I find myself rooting for the brown team with the overweight daughter who seems to know exactly why they are there. They understand that they need to set a better example for their children. I'm pulling for the red and yellow team as well. If Heba (I still can't get it...) cries in front of the camera anymore, she's going to make me crazy. And the 2 hour episodes need to stop. There are FAR too many commercial breaks...or I should just get TiVo, lol.

What do you think of this show? Who are you pulling for? Did they choose the right team to go home?

Look for blogs on "The Mentalist" with Simon Baker and "Without a Trace" tomorrow.

No comments: