Sunday, October 5, 2008

SNL: Anne Hathaway


I have to admit, when I saw that Anne Hathaway was going to host, I wasn't all that excited. She's been in some so-so stuff (although I did enjoy Get Smart), but she's never been funny in any movie I've seen her in. I would be willing to throw out that I was pleasantly surprised. This season of SNL is actually really good. It's probably due to election parody, but hey, I'm not complaining.

The funniest sketch for me was the openner: A Lawrence Welk segment featuring 4 singing sisters. Kristen Wiig again...Man oh man she is comedic gold. Rather then try to explain it, I'll just show it to you:



"Was her forehead really big or was I just lookin' through a couple o' bubbles?" Litterally had me in tears. I was rolling. =D

Other humorous sketches included Andy Samberg as Mark Wahlberg who talks to animals (spot on!), another of Andy's crazy digital shorts featuring odd competitions between he and Kristen Wiig, and of course, the return of Tina Fey to play Sarah Palin for the Vice Presidential debate... which probably would have been a lot funnier had I actually seen the debate. A lot of that stuff just went way over my head.

Another highlight for Hathaway portrayed her as Mary Poppins in a totally different way. Who knew that Supercalifragelisticexpialodocious (spelling anyone?) was a sexually transmitted diseas of the liver?! LOL.

The Killers were a great musical guest. I really like their music. Many of tonights clips can be found at Hulu.com.

What did you think of the episode? Are you getting tired of all the political stuff? What was your favorite sketch of the night? Saturday Night Live airs on Saturdays (duh) at 11:30pm eastern.

No comments: